Saturday 15 March 2014

Scarf Work

Hi there

I'm still working on my Noro scarf. This is it so far:










The yarn is Noro Sekku number 5 which is now a discontinued yarn. I like the colours very much. It's simple granny squares on a 1.75mm hook sewn together. When it's a length I'm happy with I'm hoping I will have enough yarn left for a bit of a border. I'm looking forward to wearing it at some stage.

A and I made these apple and sultana muffins today - recipe from the Attic 24 blog:



During the week A had to go out for the day with her TA from school and I needed to drive. The drive was an hour each way so it involved a bit of hanging about for me. I decided to use most of the time I had to work on circular knitting. It didn't go well. I cast on twice before I got it and only managed one row and couldn't work out how to join it to actually make it a circle and my time was up anyway. Next time I will stick to crochet I think. This is what I ended up with to show for my efforts!




Not very impressive.

I'm having a sit down now to sew a few more squares on before I have to make dinner, drive to collect A and her friend from a party and drive D to another party.

Sally
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment