Sunday 23 March 2014

I've started

Hi everyone

I'm just saying a quick "hello" to let you know that I've began my lampworking lessons.

I'm currently on a quick lunch break. Everyone is out doing some sort of Mother's Day shopping. I hope it's going well and the £4 that's burning a hole in P's pocket has been spent so that he stops hassling about what he'd like to spend it on. That boy is not a natural saver unlike D who always seems to be flush. He doesn't spend much in the same way that he doesn't like to eat his Christmas and Easter chocolate.

Anyway, today has so far been about basic beads and it's been very worthwhile. I do tend to not make just a bead with one colour of glass and I'm finding doing that very rewarding. Normally I would be listening to some sort of podcast but today I only have the sound of my torch and, at one point, heavy hail to keep me company.

After lunch I will see what comes next in my book and I might make some more one colour beads. A lot of beadmakers seem to call these 'spacers'.

Would you like to see what I look like today in my state of heavy concentration and learning? You would. Are you sure? It's not pretty:




I love a pencil behind the ear!

As I've been learning, I've been posting a few photos on Pinterest on my 'lampwork investigations' board. If you are a lampworking person, you might find it an interesting one to follow.

Nearly time to go back out - brilliant.

Sally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment