Thursday 9 January 2014

My Day

Hello

After a dodgy start to my day it got better. There were some things to be thankful for:

Knowing that there will come a time when I'll be walking through the field with my toes out









One day it will happen.

A clean V for a change:









No need for a big clean up job once we got home.

Time instead for an Attic24 cookie:









Seriously delicious.

New yarn delivered by Ocado:








How great is that. I can sneak yarn into my grocery shopping from time to time. These colours look lovely together and I keep wavering about what I want to make. My head knows we need more cushions (we have two currently shared between two sofas and a chair) but my heart loves the idea of a blanket that I very gradually work on. I still like the ripple idea.

More bread making. This time from a packet:




























Sunshine in the afternoon:


















My new diary:









I feel more organised already and I used Tesco vouchers to buy it meaning I don't feel guilty buying it when I already have a 2014 diary.

If my children are reading this in however many years time I hope they have enjoyed reading the albums I wrote in for years and looking at the photos.

After reading lots of the Attic24 posts I decided that this might be a good way to carry on writing to them. After the albums got too hard to keep up, I started to write documents on the computer with photos but worry that they will get lost or deleted. I'm going to try this for a while as a way of recording what we get up to. I very much agree with Lucy that it is lovely to think that when they are all grown up they can have a read of what their childhood was like. I have very few memories of mine and would love to know more about what life was like for us as a family. I'm also hoping it will help me to enjoy life a bit more by thinking about the good stuff. I have a tendency to be so wrapped up in getting through the day and fitting everything in that I don't take time to stop and smell the roses.

I hope my children and anyone else reading this enjoys it.

Sally
X

P.S. I looked at my stats yesterday and it seems that some American people might be reading this sometimes. I hope the weather is ok for you at the moment. d showed me a photo of Niagra Falls which looks amazing at the moment. I'm sure it's no fun if you are in the middle of that very cold weather though. That sort of thing looks romantic and lovely from the outside but going about your daily business would not be fun.

I thought, just incase, that I should say "stop and smell the roses" means to appreciate the moment.
Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment