Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bread

Hi there

Today I made a very tasty loaf of bread:



I think I may have cracked breadmaking. I've learnt that it's important to have the dough tight as you make it into the loaf shape otherwise it will spread out instead of rising up.



The 200g you see in the photo there is a reminder of how much to feed V. Incase you were curious.

There were two very muddy walks today. I managed to stay vertical although only just at one point. I'm very grateful for my old riding boots. They keep my feet warm and dry but have no grip so I must walk very carefully. V doesn't have that problem and very much enjoys walking through the puddles while scooping up the dirty water for a drink as he goes.

There was some very exciting weather where we live today. The hail was especially dramatic. P said he couldn't hear his teacher at one point and A asked us if we'd seen the rainbow. Sadly we did not. We still have a weather warning in place here so I will possibly be getting drenched at some point tomorrow.

By the way, the headband looked brilliant. A wore it happily for a short while then I noticed she no longer was. I said "I'll go and get your headband, it's fallen off". She replied with a reluctant "well...I don't want to hurt your feelings but it's a bit itchy". She is my harshest critic. Her best friend is road testing it to see if it works for her. I've learnt to think about the yarn I'm using in future.

Sally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment