Sunday 9 February 2014

Yesterday

Hi

Yesterday D and I got to go for a walk together. This is a real treat for us. We love walking. The children were dropped off at my daughter's best friend's house and off we went for a couple of hours of alone, awake time.

The weather was amazing - not in a good way! We had wind - very strong, hail - it hurt and sideways rain. Despite this we still very much enjoyed our time walking together and I would do it again even with the weather. D picked a section of The Ridgeway for us. I think the fact that it was a ridge between bits of farming land added to the impact of the weather. There were trees but without their leaves they didn't offer a great deal of protection.

Here's me at the start of our walk:



My mum bought me that fluffy cowl for Christmas and it's very snuggly.

Here are some photos I took when I wasn't being battered by rain or hail:






This one is my favourite. I love trees.


We actually got to see both ends of a rainbow which I thought was pretty great.


The other end though we could actually see hitting the grass/crops in the farmer's field. It was amazing. I've never seen this before and I only had my phone camera so you can't really appreciate how good it looked to see the end of a rainbow.


Our walk was lovely and we hope to do it again with the children when the weather is nicer. I think there would have been tears and carrying if they had come.

The children had a lovely time. They made a great den that even had a bed in it.

I made pizzas for dinner while D went off on a work call.

I felt very smug because I had the bread maker on a timer to do the pizza dough while we were out.

These are our pizzas before cooking.
This is mine:


D's:


My son's


My daughter's


I used the leftover dough to make garlic bread but it was a fail.
I used dried garlic and parsley which just didn't have the flavour. I think if I had soaked the garlic it might have been better but I just threw it on top to see if it would work. It didn't get eaten. The pizzas were delicious.



I am writing this in bed which is lovely. It feels chilly out of bed and I'm also hiding a bit because my son has homework and he can often get a bit cross when he has to do work. Totally understandable but not nice for me.

Sally
Xxx

Note for A: the other day I made a big bloomer loaf of bread. Daddy told me a few times how delicious it was. I made you and P sandwiches for your lunch boxes. That evening you told me "the reason I don't like the bread is that I can taste the dough". This was followed by P saying "yeah. I don't like it because it tastes wet". Daddy says that you are my harshest critic and that I must ask you before I ask anyone else. The tree bead I made that I'm so proud of was met with "where's the bird?" And "can you add a bird?". Sometimes you very kindly will precede your feedback with "I don't want to hurt your feelings but...". At least if I ever impress you with anything I will know its genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment