Saturday 13 July 2013

Knitting

I've been knitting a jumper for a while now.

This is it blocking.







It's my first attempt at knitting anything other than a simple scarf. Once it was blocked, I unpinned it and realised blocking was a waste of time because it didn't make the bits lie flat like I'd imagined.

Once I looked at this photo I realised that the sleeve on the right must have been knitted smaller because it looks like the piece has been stretched more judging by the pattern of the yarn.

I'm now at the sewing together stage and am a bit clueless as to how I should be doing that bit. The book I have, that I thought would be very step-by-step, is disappointingly vague about the joining up of the four pieces. I think I going to use a You Tube video next time and see if that's easier. There seem to be some great step-by-step ones.

Hopefully I'll finish it Monday. Be interesting to see how it looks on the person I've knitted it for.

Sally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment