Thursday 4 July 2013

Black, grey and white beads

Hi

I made these beads yesterday. I used CiM Tuxedo for the black and its gone a bit blackcurrant coloured on some beads. Next time I'm out in my shed I'll see what a difference using one of my other blacks makes. I've read before that black glass is really a very dark transparent purple and, on a white base, it can be noticeable. Will be interesting to see whether using my CiM Charcoal makes a difference.














I like the one above. I made some murrini and put it on top of a base of the three colours mixed together.








The black has bled into the white and grey and in places on some of the beads there's a silver look. Gives an unexpected but lovely look to the beads.




You can really see the purple/blue look of the black above.




This one shows that silver effect nicely.




I liked this one above. I like the bobbly bits sticking out.




Above is the murrini trapped in clear. I like making these beads with the murrini. There's a layer of twistie under the murrini but its a bit hard to see in this photo.




The one above is my favourite. I've seen a bead before where it looks like a photo frame and that's what I wanted to see if I could achieve. I think it worked out very well. The other side looks like this:










You can't see the grey in the bead above and I want to work slower on my next flower bead. I prefer more petals.







This one is a good one I think. My murrini again. I call these my 'Squish Beads' because when I make them I push the glass around.

Sally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment