Monday 13 May 2013

Beads

I made these beads and have added them to my Etsy shop.



This bead was a disappointing experiment. I really like the colour amber and thought putting some silver foil under the amber would look brilliant. You can see from the photo that it does not look brilliant!


This is a tree bead. I like making these but they take quite a while and this one is far from my best. I think it needs more green and, possibly, a more interesting background.


This is the other side of it but I think I could have made it more interesting. My thinking was that its a shame if you have a nice pendant that has a good side and a boring side but it keeps ending up on the boring side.




This is the back of my other tree bead. I've used a bit of silver foil to make it more interesting but it could be better.


This is the tree side of that tree bead. I prefer it to the other one but am still not happy with it. I don't think it stands out very well against the background and I think the leaves are out of proportion. I'm looking forward to trying to make a better one.


This was a silver glass bead. I tend to avoid these glasses because they are so expensive but I think I need to actually use my supply so I can find how to make it look good. Some lampworkers make this glass look amazing.


This bead was a massive disappointment. Silver glass again which is expensive on a background of a colour that also isn't cheap and the result is a rubbish looking bead.




I really like this bead. I like the colours and the style.


These beads turned out well but I only made three. They look like someone's done some scribble sketching.



This one is ok but it needs a more interesting base for my murrini to go on I think.


Thanks for looking

Sally
X

No comments:

Post a Comment