Friday 9 May 2014

It's been a while

Hi there

It's been a while since I've written to tell you how the bead making is going.

I managed some shed time last week and yesterday.

Last week it was poked dots:




This lesson from the book was really helpful. I learned some good tricks to make my poked dot beads better. I was very pleased with how these ones worked out.

These are twisted dots:


I tried to work slowly and carefully but I was too eager to get onto the next bit really. These beads could have done with more practice. I only made two of them.

These were the ones I wanted to get to. Cosmic Swirl Corina calls them and she has great step-by-step photos and words in her book. I liked these so much that I put them on a very simple bracelet so I could wear them:


Yesterday's lesson was stringer related and it didn't go well:


I need lots more practice. The words she has written (and there are a lot of them) are really helpful. You couldn't wish for more information but I'm really struggling with this.

I do love how the Turquoise Blue has feathered and gone a bit metallic. I used two kinds of black and I don't know which one gave this result so I need to experiment next time I'm out in my shed. One was Charcoal and the other was Effetre black.


These are some other beads I created yesterday. I managed some nice raised hearts. It's the swirls I'd like to be able to do but am struggling with.





These beads are destined to go off to Beads of Courage. This is a charity I've been wanting to send some beads off to for a little while. Before they go off to the charity though they are going to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with A and I tomorrow. I read that its nice for whoever ends up with the bead to know it's been somewhere special or been with someone whose done something special. My plan is to send them off with a note and a photo to show they've been to see the show. I really hope they very slightly make a difference to a family. It's something I'd like to do more of in the future. We are lucky enough to get to do different things from time-to-time and it would be great to take beads with us that we could then send to Beads of Courage with a note of where they've been.


Sally
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment