Friday 3 October 2014

Lampwork beads - encasing

Just found this in my drafts. I need to get cracking so will just post it rather than checking what I've babbled about.

Xx

Hello Everyone

I made these beads a little while ago and haven't got around to showing you them yet.

I read Corina's words on encasing in Passing the Flame. I definately improved thanks to her words of wisdom. I also took the opportunity to practice a bit more stringer work:


I made one transparent amethyst bead. Can't remember why:


I had another go at one of these. Corina talks about encasing without distorting the design underneath. I've not mastered that skill yet as you can see from this bead:


More stringer practice and trying out a colour combination that Corina talks about in Passing the Flame:


A very complex cane I made up. Complex because there were a lot of colours that included some goldstone stringer. I quite like these colours but would have liked more depth. I think there should have been more transparent colours and I really do need to write my colours down:


These are just some beads I made from twisties. They are small ones:


Another complex cane that I like very much. The encasing is ok here. It's very even but I would have liked to have kept the wrapped rounds more in tact. They got a bit squashed as I added the encasing:





I was practicing encased dots. They are as hard as Corina says:


That colour combination again:


I was trying to copy some beads Corina has in Passing the Flame. They are white and clear and look great. I did ok with these but they need a dark background:





More encasing and stringer practice:





I've now properly run out of bead release. I've been eking it out for ages and have come to the bottom of the pot. It's not a good time for me to be spending on anything other than the essentials due to some expensive dental work I need.

Hopefully I'll get some soon though do I can crack on with my lessons. Although it's a tad hot at the moment to sit with a kiln and a blow torch!


No comments:

Post a Comment