Friday 6 January 2012

Laura McCabe's Lantern Lighter Necklace Variation






I've recently finished my variation on Laura McCabe's Lantern Lighter Necklace and am very pleased with the results. I wanted to be able to wear it in a variety of ways which resulted in a necklace that can be worn at least five ways. The first is the picture above. I made the lariat in sections so I could put it together to give different looks.


The variation above uses two of the sections and a long toggle join with a beaded bead in the centre. The beaded bead is an elaborate version of Marcia DeCoster's Bellissimo Bead (featured in 'The Art and Elegance of Beadweaving').




For this version I realised I needed to create a toggle join with two "bars" on each end in order that I could add the beaded bead in to give an asymmetrical look.





This last variation is more simple with the omission of the beaded bead.






2 comments:

  1. I must have that. How did you get the kit??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vickie
    I did a workshop with her last year to make the necklace. The kits were for sale at the workshop. You can contact her through her website at www.justletmebead.com.
    I really enjoyed making the lantern lighter necklace.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete